URAC’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Certification process focuses on development over time, an approach to a more sustainable transformation of primary care practices. This process is also a teaching and learning experience as the organization implements best practices and methods for providing value-based, quality medical services.
Unlike organizations that simply validate what the physician practice already does, URAC’s unique three-tiered approach is designed to guide the practice through real transformation while qualifying the practice as early as possible for favorable payments under the new Medicare payment model.
This means real change that will achieve tangible outcomes, and better position organizations for successful clinical integration and ultimately value-based payment.
The URAC-certified patient-centered medical home:
- Provides enhanced access to primary care
- Improves delivery of preventive services
- Helps patients make healthy lifestyle choices
- Uses the latest health information technology and evidence-based medical approaches
- Reduces emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Improves care coordination
- Provides high-quality disease management
Officially recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, our PCMH Certification was initially developed to conform with the guidelines jointly created by the American Academy of Family Physicians, American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Physicians, and American Osteopathic Association.
Who may apply
Legally organized healthcare practices that provide primary care to patients in office settings, outpatient clinics, or academic-affiliated ambulatory clinics.