Drug Therapy Management Accreditation
URAC’s Drug Therapy Management (DTM) Accreditation program extends to case management, disease management, pharmacy, and other organizations providing sophisticated ways to manage and incorporate DTM into their patient care management programs.
URAC’s DTM Accreditation standards assess a range of professional activities, including formulating medication treatment plans, monitoring efficacy and safety of medication therapy and enhancing medication adherence through patient empowerment and education.
The URAC-accredited drug therapy management program:
- Drives appropriate therapeutic outcomes for consumers and reduces adverse events
- Promotes rational, clinically appropriate, safe, and cost-effective DTM through evidence-based medicine
- Encourages communication about medication use
- Supports population specification, consumer identification, and recruitment
- Creates a process for DTM outcomes measurement and quality improvement.