Hospital Website Transparency Awards
2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award Winners Announced!
For the second year, URAC and The Leapfrog Group cosponsored the Hospital Website Transparency Awards program to recognize outstanding hospital websites that promote transparency of quality measures in a manner that is both useful and user-friendly for consumers.
Both URAC and The Leapfrog Group support the important role that transparency can play in driving healthcare transformation. Therefore, the purpose of this program is to
- Highlight the importance of transparency in hospital quality reporting and
- Award those hospitals that are committed to informing, protecting, and serving the community
2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award Winners
The following hospitals received the 2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Inova, Fairfax, VA
- Harlem Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Mercy Regional Medical Center, Durango, CO
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- St. Mary Corwin Medical Center, Pueblo, CO
- Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals, Raleigh, NC
The Hospital Website Transparency Award winners met the threshold of 70% or above on their submission.
2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award with Distinction Winners
Three hospitals received the Hospital Website Transparency Award with Distinction for their outstanding work in hospital website transparency:
The Hospital Website Transparency Award with Distinction winners were selected by a panel of judges who reviewed the hospitals that met the threshold of 75% or above on their submission.
The 2013 Hospital Website Transparency Awards program evaluates websites in the following areas:
To be eligible for this Award, the hospital must:
- Submit a 2013 Leapfrog Hospital Survey
- Publish safety and quality information on the hospital website. For example:
- Leapfrog Hospital Survey Results
- Joint Commission Accreditation Survey Results
- CMS Hospital Compare Ratings
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Survey Results
- State Reporting Program Results
|The URAC and The Leapfrog Group Hospital Website Transparency Awards criteria has been developed in accordance with the National Quality Forum’s guidelines for consumer-focused, Internet-based public reporting of health performance data as well as the Model Public Report Elements prepared for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Find out about the 2012 Hospital Website Transparency Award winners.