Join URAC’s Donna Merrick for this two-hour webinar as she walks you through the major changes in the Case Management Accreditation Standards, and helps you understand the intent of the standards and organize what you need to do to meet them.
URAC’s Case Management Accreditation Standards v6.0, which released March 2018, is the first major revision to these standards in four years. Given the importance of case management as a tool for improving outcomes for patient populations, URAC revised the standards to emphasize the use of evidence-based guidelines and case management standards of practice designed to reduce the variation in services that can lead to poor outcomes.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Meeting the intent of the standards
- The documentation needed to submit a complete application for Desktop Review
- Validation Review requirements and activities used by URAC’s review staff
- The measures that are required for reporting
- Which case management standards are not applicable to Worker’s Compensation
- How the standards align with current CMSA Standards of Practice for Case Management
- Helpful educational and support resources available to the applicant during the accreditation process
- What is needed for the Transitions of Care standards
Plus, you’ll get a chance to ask questions during a live Q&A session.
Note: This webinar does not cover the Core Standards or the URAC accreditation process.
Who Should Attend: The webinar is ideal for those considering accreditation, first-time applicants as well as for companies undergoing re-accreditation under the updated Case Management Standards v6.0.
Donna Merrick, MEd, BSN, Product Enhancement Principal
Donna has been with URAC for more than 19 years. She served as an accreditation reviewer at URAC for nearly nine years, became director of URAC’s health plan accreditation, and then product enhancement principal. Working with advisory groups of volunteers representing healthcare stakeholders, Donna facilitates the revision of standards for accreditation and certification programs. She has a Master in Education from Pepperdine University (CA) and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Maryland. Before joining URAC, Donna was a clinical nurse in the U.S. Navy and in civilian healthcare settings. Donna enjoys fresh herbs from her garden and outdoor activities while vacationing in Maine.
FREE access to Accreditation Webinars for URAC clients:
URAC clients get FREE access to all the accreditation standards webinars in the Client Hub.