The URAC Independent Review Organization Accreditation standards assure that organizations that perform this service establish qualifications for physician reviewers, address medical necessity and experimental treatment issues, have reasonable time periods for standard and expedited reviews, and appeals processes.
The URAC-accredited Independent Review Organization validates that it is free from conflicts of interest and strives for a fair and impartial review process that is of benefit to both patients and physicians with grievances.
This webinar, designed for IROs that are planning to undergo an accreditation or reaccreditation, will:
- Provide an overview of the phases of accreditation
- Explain the scoring methodology of the standards and how URAC reviewers apply them
- Discuss the basic components of URAC’s IRO standards and what is needed to meet their intent
- Describe the documentation needed to submit a complete application for accreditation and desktop review
- Identify validation review requirements and activities used by URAC’s review staff
- Identify the educational and support resources available at URAC during the application for accreditation
FREE access to Accreditation Webinars for URAC Clients:
URAC clients get FREE access to the accreditation standards two-hour webinar.
When you click the Register button, you will be redirected to URAC’s online education portal. Please login with your work email or, if this is your first time to the portal, create an account using your work email. The online education portal eliminates the need for client coupon codes and streamlines the registration process. If your organization is a URAC client, and you are unable to register for the webinar for free, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bonnie Zickgraf, BSN, RN
Bonnie has been employed at URAC since 2008. During her tenure, she has enjoyed eight years as an Accreditation Reviewer until her promotion to Integrated Services Manager in 2015.
She has experience in multiple types of accreditations offered to the health care industry including Health and Workers Compensation Utilization Management, Health, Dental Plan, Case Management, Disease Management, Network, Credentialing, Health Call Center and Independent Review Organization accreditations.
Ms. Zickgraf has a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree, cum laude graduate with Fellowship status to Ball State University for cancer research. Her clinical experience includes psychiatric, medical-surgical and ICU nursing with over twenty-three years’ leadership experience within the managed care industry.