National Press Club
529 14th St, NW
Washington, DC 20045
Get a 15% discount on this workshop when you register for Mastering Healthcare Quality Performance Measures workshop first.
Live-streaming and in-person registrations are available for this workshop.
Core Standards are basic standards with which most URAC-accredited entities must comply. These standards, which serve as a common foundation for many of URAC's accreditation programs, address several key organizational management functions that are important for any healthcare organization.
All companies accredited under programs that include Core will need to meet the basic requirements of the Core standards, as well as the function-specific requirements for the particular accreditation program.
This workshop will be the last in-person training opportunity in 2018 for Core 3.0 standards. We will provide an overview of URAC’s process, describe the scoring methodology and walk you through each of the Core v3.0 standards. You will learn:
- The basic components of the standards and what is needed to meet their intent
- The documentation needed to submit a complete application for Desktop Review
- Validation Review requirements and activities used by URAC’s review staff
- The scoring methodology of the standards and how reviewers apply them
- Helpful educational and support resources available to the applicant during the accreditation process
- And more
Who Should Attend:
- Organizations that will undergo re-accreditation and need a refresher on Core v3.0 standards
- Organizations considering accreditation and first-time applicants
- This workshop is NOT intended for organizations applying for accreditation or re-accreditation under Case Management v6.0, or Organizational Management Certification.
About Your Presenter
Donna Merrick, MEd, BSN, Product Enhancement Principal, has been with URAC for more than 19 years. She served as an accreditation reviewer at URAC for nearly nine years, became director of URAC’s health plan accreditation, and then product enhancement principal. Working with advisory groups of volunteers representing healthcare stakeholders, Donna facilitates the revision of standards for accreditation and certification programs. She has a Master in Education from Pepperdine University (CA) and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Maryland. Before joining URAC, Donna was a clinical nurse in the U.S. Navy and in civilian healthcare settings. Donna enjoys fresh herbs from her garden and outdoor activities while vacationing in Maine.