This is the on-demand webcast of the event that was live streamed from the National Press Club in Washington, DC, on October 10, 2018.
URAC has recently announced that the rollout of Core v4.0 has been suspended. Currently only clients being accredited under Case Management v6.0 are required to meet the Core v4.0 standards. All other accreditation programs with Core standards requirements will be under the current Core standards.
URAC has also announced a modification to the delegation components of the current Core v3.0 standards, which will be included in Core v3.2. The revision to delegation standards in Core v3.2 will be effective for new and reaccreditation programs contracted on or after August 1, 2018.
This workshop will walk you through each of the standards, compare the difference in delegation standards between Core v3.0 and v3.2, explain the rationale for the change, and provide an overview of the URAC validation process and describe the scoring methodology.
All companies accredited under programs (except Case Management) that include Core standards will need to meet the basic requirements of these standards, as well as the function-specific requirements of the accreditation program. This workshop provides:
- The basic components of the standards and what is needed to meet their intent
- A thorough understanding of the revised delegation standards
- The documentation needed to submit a complete application for Desktop Review
- Validation Review requirements and activities used by URAC’s review staff
- The scoring methodology of the standards and how reviewers apply them
- Helpful educational and support resources available to the applicant during the accreditation process
- And more
Who Should Attend:
- Organizations that will undergo re-accreditation and need a refresher on Core v3.0 standards
- Organizations considering accreditation and first-time applicants
- This workshop is NOT intended for organizations applying for accreditation or re-accreditation under Case Management v6.0, or Organizational Management Certification.
About Your Presenter
Donna Merrick, MEd, BSN, Product Enhancement Principal, has been with URAC for more than 19 years. She served as an accreditation reviewer at URAC for nearly nine years, became director of URAC’s health plan accreditation, and then product enhancement principal. Working with advisory groups of volunteers representing healthcare stakeholders, Donna facilitates the revision of standards for accreditation and certification programs. She has a Master in Education from Pepperdine University (CA) and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Maryland. Before joining URAC, Donna was a clinical nurse in the U.S. Navy and in civilian healthcare settings. Donna enjoys fresh herbs from her garden and outdoor activities while vacationing in Maine.