Accreditation & Measurement
This section provides detailed information on URAC's accreditation programs and standards as well as URAC's measures, data analytics, and measurement reporting. Learn More
- Education & Events
In this section you can listen to educational podcasts, find dates and topics of upcoming URAC workshops and webinars, as well as view information on URAC's Annual Quality Summit and Best Practice Awards. Learn More
Webinars Workshops Continuing Education
URAC at Upcoming Events
URAC exhibits at a variety of events from organizations across the health care industry. Visit URAC at these upcoming events.See Upcoming Events
- Resource Center
This section contains URAC publications and newsletters, public comments, and regulatory informational resources for consumers and policymakers. Learn More
Medication Experts in Our Midst: Comprehensive Medication Management and the Community Pharmacy
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 (1:30pm - 3pm US/Eastern)
View Meeting Documents
View the schedule of meeting sessions and special events
The role of the community pharmacist is changing from direct dispensing to a more clinical focus as a vital link in the chain of patient care. Coordinated care systems such as accountable care organizations (ACOs) and the medical home are an unprecedented opportunity for pharmacists to advance the transition.
In this webinar, pharmacists will learn the critical steps in comprehensive medication management and the importance of the community pharmacist as a valued provider of clinical pharmaceutical care by linking medications and their use directly to clinical goals of therapy.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to
- • Discuss delivery system changes envisioned in coordinated care systems such as medical homes and integrated care networks, and the team-based approach to care, and the opportunity presented for comprehensive medication management in them;
• Summarize the changing role of the community pharmacist from medication dispensing to direct clinical practice;
• Review the 10 critical steps in comprehensive medication management and how these relate directly to the discovery and resolution of drug therapy problems in clinical pharmaceutical care; and
• Explain the importance of becoming a true and valued provider of clinical pharmaceutical care as a member of the medical home or integrated care network team by linking medications and their use directly to clinical goals of therapy.
Speaker: Terry McInnis, MD, MPH, FACOEM
President - Blue Thorn, Inc.
As president and founder of Blue Thorn Inc., Dr. McInnis interacts nationally with government, providers, payers, academia, patient advocacy groups, and plans to help forge a more financially sustainable and quality enhanced delivery system. She co-chairs the Center for Public Payer Implementation and co-leads the Medication Management Taskforce for the Patient- Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) where she continues to lead strategies including benefit design changes aimed to successfully coordinate care, improve patient outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare costs.
Registration includes one phone connection, one internet connection, one set of handouts for unlimited attendees at one location and one certificate for continuing education hours, if available. Attend from your desktop or conference room. Additional phone and internet connections requires an additional registration(s).
These fees are available through 08/22/2012
Name Price Available To Webinar Registration $29.00 Accredited
Cancellation and Other Policies:
URAC reserves the right to cancel any Workshop with less than five (5) registrants and Webinars with less than two (2) registrants 14 days in advance of scheduled event.
ALL REGISTRATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Please check with your URAC Account Manager to verify if you are eligible for free registration prior to making registration payment. Registration cancellations must be made at least one week in advance of the program in order to receive a registration credit. Credits must be used by yourself or another employee within your organization to attend a future URAC educational program within one year of the cancellation date.
Continuing Education Information:
ACPE 1.5 contact hours pending…
The Howard University College of Pharmacy is approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This program is pending approval for ACPE criteria for 1.5 contact hours (1.5 CEUs).
- - Statements of credit will be mailed within 3-4 weeks of the seminar to those who successfully complete the program.
- Successful completion requires evaluation of each session attended.
- The evaluation form must be completed and returned at the conclusion of the program.
For more information please contact:
Phone: (202) 216-9010
Fax: (202) 216-9006