Better Prepared for the Frontline
Community pharmacies have always been on the frontline of health care, providing patients with the care they need, when and where they need it. Today they work in a turbulent environment, fueled by major changes such as industry consolidation, demand for better patient outcomes, rising costs of prescription drugs, aging populations, increasing levels of chronic disease, and the coronavirus pandemic.
The community pharmacies best positioned to navigate these challenges are those who can demonstrate they are a crucial member of the clinical team, with the structure and processes in place to engage in integrated, patient-centered, and accountable care.
The prestigious URAC Community Pharmacy Accreditation provides this validation. The comprehensive process verifies your organization can deliver and monitor quality management initiatives – such as comprehensive patient counseling and education, patient medication management, pharmacy wellness and preventive services – that improve care and reduce overall health care costs.
Valued Credential of Quality
Our team of experts works collaboratively with yours to demonstrate your organization has high standards in critical areas, including:
- Policies and procedures for identifying, managing, and communicating drug safety and efficacy issues, as well as risks that may compromise the consumer safety
- Drug utilization management tools for achieving effective medication therapy management
- Standards for staff training and education on regulatory requirements, to include conflict of interest, regulatory reference materials, and training materials
- Policies and/or documented procedures to establish accountability while providing customer service
- Clear consumer communication on consumer rights and responsibilities
- Electronic prescribing and integration with essential aspects of drug utilization management
- Medication therapy management services that meet the needs of the individual patients
By earning the respected Community Pharmacy Accreditation from URAC, your organization will reap long-lasting dividends that:
- Elevate contracting power, credibility, and differentiation over competitors as payers and stakeholders are assured of organizational competency
- Provide a practical roadmap for ongoing improvement with operational and clinical infrastructure, processes, and efficiencies
- Deliver risk management peace-of-mind with standards that prevent and manage liabilities
- Inspire innovation through a non-prescriptive approach that support your specific business and clinical practices
- Validate compliance with all state and federal regulations, licensing, and other regulatory requirements
- Help you stay informed of breaking industry trends
What to Expect
In six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and web conferencing.
Who May Apply
To apply, an organization must be a duly licensed pharmacy in good standing within the jurisdiction of its practice, with at least one retail location handling prescription intake and dispensing as well as providing and reporting outcomes on medication therapy management and drug therapy management.