URAC designed the Organizational Management Certification program to offer independent third-party validation of operational elements in organizations within the healthcare industry or serving healthcare organizations but not eligible for other URAC recognition programs. The Organizational Management standards are derived from URAC’s Core accreditation, which defines the general foundational operating principles in most URAC accreditation programs.
There are broad sectors of services impacting healthcare consumers for which URAC has not had an accreditation or certification program. These types of organizations are increasingly seeking to demonstrate to stakeholders their commitment to high performance through elective independent validation that quality management principles are applied to their daily operations. Providing this certification program aligns with URAC’s mission to advance the quality of healthcare.
URAC’s Organizational Management Certification focuses on four areas:
- Risk Management
- Consumer Protection and Empowerment
- Operations and Infrastructure
- Performance Management
The certification process stimulates organizations to review and confirm their operational soundness, set priorities, drive organizational improvements, and build strong processes. Achievement of the Organizational Management Certification publicly demonstrates the organization’s commitment to quality.
Who May Apply?
Your organization must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Legal entity incorporated in the United States or its territories in good standing
- Organization operating in the healthcare industry or serving healthcare organizations
- Not eligible for or operating within the functional areas of URAC’s accreditation programs
- Has not previously applied for URAC accreditation