The rigorous URAC accreditation process will raise the bar throughout your organization, leading to numerous advantages, such as:
- Driving appropriate therapeutic outcomes for consumers and reducing adverse events
- Promoting evidence-based medicine through rational, clinically appropriate, safe and cost-effective practices
- Encouraging clear communication about medication use
In addition, achieving this gold standard credential provides further benefits:
- Elevates contracting power, credibility and differentiation over competitors as payers and stakeholders are assured of organizational competency
- Provides a practical roadmap for ongoing improvement with operational and clinical infrastructure, processes and efficiencies
- Delivers risk management peace-of-mind with standards that prevent and manage liabilities
- Inspires innovation through a non-prescriptive approach that support your specific business and clinical practices
- Validates compliance with all state and federal regulations, licensing and other regulatory requirements
- Helps you stay informed of breaking industry trends
What to Expect
In six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and educational webinars.
We award accreditation for a full three years and we require annual reporting of quality measures. View our Drug Therapy Management Standards-at-a-Glance and Measures-at-a-Glance for more information.
Who May Apply
Pharmacy benefit management companies, health plans and other health care organizations are welcome to apply for this credential.