ParityManager™ can be used by health plans, third-party administrators and others to help evaluate, adapt, build and maintain their respective Parity Compliance Programs even if they are not pursuing accreditation. This stand-alone solution may be licensed to serve as a parity compliance self-assessment tool. An organizational self-assessment and ensuing report creates a parity gap analysis. With this information, an organization may create its strategy to address areas of parity non-compliance.
For those organizations that seek to move beyond an organizational self-assessment, to external validation, URAC offers Parity Accreditation. Parity accreditation applicants will use URAC’s interactive ParityManager software solution to complete their Parity Accreditation applications.
Regulators may opt to use the tool to support data collection for market conduct exams.
URAC’s ParityManager includes the following industry-leading functions:
- Provides a document management system to organize the supporting operational documents necessary to demonstrate parity compliance
- Uses a streamlined system to identify and classify covered benefits
- Creates a framework for easy testing of financial requirements and quantitative treatment limits
- Implements an innovative and streamlined approach to collecting and organizing the information needed to perform comparability and stringency testing for NQTLs
- Provides a reporting function to produce parity compliance data for easy analysis; automatically identifies a wide range of parity violations, as well as areas where there is a lack of information necessary to complete the parity compliance analysis
- Generates important feedback loops and reports to ensure optimal parity compliance.
ParityManager facilitates the collection and maintenance of information needed to conduct a parity compliance analysis, but on its own does not automatically result in parity-compliant operations.