This fast-growing distribution channel for pharmacy benefit management drove the need for accreditation standards to support mail service pharmacies with a commitment to quality improvement, accountability, consumer protection and patient care.
URAC’s Mail Service Pharmacy Accreditation standards cover core organizational quality, customer service, communications and disclosure, drug utilization management, pharmacy operations, and a process for mail service outcomes measurement and quality improvement.
The URAC-accredited mail service pharmacy:
- Promotes safety and accuracy in dispensing practices
- Qualifies all medication distribution processes for appropriate temperature ranges
- Provides 24/7 patient and prescriber support
- Complies with foundational standards on risk management, consumer empowerment, and performance management
- Reports annual performance measures to URAC
Who may apply
Pharmacies located in the United States that ship prescription medicines directly to consumers.