URAC’s Dental Plan Accreditation gives you access to a team of experts who work collaboratively with your team to ensure compliance with industry best practices in all areas of management, including:
- Operations, organizational structure, interdepartmental coordination and oversight of delegating functions
- Regulatory compliance
- Quality Management
- Consumer protection and empowerment
- Network management, including credentialing and oversight roles
- Health Utilization Management
- Risk Management
For those with offerings on the Health Insurance Marketplace, additional standards will be examined, such as provider directory requirements, delegation contracts, standard format for presenting benefit plan options and experience of care ratings using CAHPS®.
Learn more about Dental Network Accreditation.
URAC Accreditation brings a dental plan many benefits in every area of their business, including:
• Elevates contracting power, credibility and differentiation over competitors as this valued, objective credential assures providers and members the plan adheres to industry best practices in all areas
• Become a lean, smarter and more effective organization by streamlining quality management processes and improving regulatory compliance based on outcomes
• Enhances provider satisfaction through programming that documents and optimizes orientation, fee-schedule changes, dispute resolution mechanisms, clinical practice guidelines, clinical review criteria and other essential activities
• Delivers risk management peace-of-mind with standards that prevent, protect, and manage liabilities, including patient safety, patient health and drug utilization management
• Improves member satisfaction and loyalty through services to identify trends and opportunities for improvement as well as ensure clear communication about benefit plans, coverage, provider availability and more
Download our Standards-at-a-Glance.
"Being the first to achieve Dental Plan Accreditation from URAC is a hallmark of excellence for MCNA. The URAC seal of approval validates our approach to operations and clinical management.”
What to Expect
In six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. For instance, you will choose three quality improvement projects that address opportunities for error reduction or performance improvement related to the services covered by accreditation. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and web conferencing.
Who May Apply
Dental plans operating in the United States and its territories are eligible to apply.