According to the National Association of Dental Plans, approximately 260 million Americans (about 80 percent) had dental benefits in 2018. Given the rising access to dental care and the strong link between oral and medical health, routine visits to the dentist are more important than ever.
Earning Dental Health Network Accreditation from URAC shows that you maintain a network of highly-quality providers who meet rigorous industry standards to deliver preventive and routine dental care and more.
The URAC Difference
Aligned with URAC’s Health Network Accreditation standards, our Dental Network Accreditation standards include the same key benchmarks for network management, provider credentialing and recredentialing, quality management and consumer protections. We also require dental networks to establish self-monitoring practices, emphasizing quality assurance and improvement.
To earn Dental Network Accreditation, your organization must meet 40 specific core standards of best in class network operations across the following areas:
- Organizational Structure
- Policies and Procedures
- Regulatory Compliance
- Delegated Functions
- Marketing and Sales
- Information Management
- Quality Management
- Staffing and Oversight
- Consumer Rights, Safety and Satisfaction
Our standards also include rigorous requirements for dental network management, credentialing and recredentialing.
Benefits of Accreditation
URAC Accreditation assures patients and purchasers that your network dentists and dental specialists meet professional qualifications and have been properly vetted through a stringent credentialing process. Furthermore, accreditation indicates that you continuously monitor and evaluate provider performance, taking quality of care, compliance and patient feedback into consideration to determine ongoing network participation.
Additional benefits of Dental Network Accreditation include:
- Establishment of appropriate patient protections, including formal policies and procedures for confidentiality, informed consent, complaints, dispute resolution, consumer safety investigations and other issues
- Incorporation of state-specific standards and measures, thereby ensuring regulatory compliance and giving your network greater credibility with purchasers
- Implementation of risk management oversight and review protocols that reduce client liabilities, enhance data security and ensure compliance
- Development of a blueprint for ongoing process and quality improvements that enhance care delivery, ensure sound provider practices and optimize operational efficiencies
What to Expect
Within six months or less, we will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement in dental network management. While our experts define the standards of excellence, they do not prescribe how your organization must meet those standards.
URAC’s thorough approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and educational webinars.
We award accreditation for a full three years. Review our Dental Network Standards-at-a-Glance for more information.
Who May Apply
Organizations with a defined dental provider network may apply.