Key Program Components
The foundation of a successful, comprehensive disease management program is rooted in medical and scientific evidence, clinical practice guidelines and replicable industry standards. Key components include prevention, early detection and timely interventions as well as an effective, proven methodology to measure the impact of such interventions – both clinically and financially.
The URAC Difference
It is how your organization influences long-lasting behavior change for program participants that differentiates your approach to disease management. Our accreditation addresses key indicators of behavior change:
- Consumer health literacy
- Clinical decision supports
- Adherence and compliance
- Social determinants
- Meaningful consumer feedback
Benefits of Accreditation
In addition to establishing a strong operational and staffing structure, URAC’s Disease Management Accreditation indicates to purchasers that you have developed an engaging, multi-format patient communication and education approach to improve health outcomes. Additionally, URAC accreditation:
- Documents your long-term investment in staffing, consumer engagement, quality management and continuous improvement to build healthier communities and move the needle on chronic illness
- Enhances your credibility to help purchasers control overall health care spending through more effective service utilization, medication adherence and compliance and reducing costly emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Increases payer confidence by reporting improvement in consumer satisfaction, clinical outcomes and cost containment
- Documents risk management oversight and review protocols that reduce client liabilities, enhance data security and ensure regulatory compliance
- Validates your disease management model and provides a practical framework for ongoing improvements
What to Expect
Within six months or less, we will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement in disease management. While our experts define the standards of excellence, they do not prescribe how organizations must meet those standards. URAC’s thorough approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and educational webinars.
We award Disease Management accreditation for a full three years and we require annual reporting of quality measures. Review our Disease Management Standards-at-a-Glance and Measures-at-a-Glance for more information.
Who May Apply
Organizations providing disease management services for individuals with chronic illness which would include health plans, disease management companies and medical management companies should apply for Disease Management Accreditation.