Benefits of HUM Accreditation
Earning the URAC Health Utilization Management Accreditation Seal is a mark of distinction for organizations that demonstrate their commitment to quality and HUM accountability. It also boosts your credibility among key stakeholders: patients, provider practices, facilities and purchasers. Additionally, URAC accreditation:
- Ensures the provision of consistent, unbiased medical necessity determinations by appropriately credentialed staff
- Enhances your ability to improve the quality and effectiveness of patient care while eliminating unnecessary treatment and expense
- Helps you protect patient safety and mitigate risks such as contraindicated treatments, adverse drug interactions or inappropriate treatment
- Validates compliance and adherence to applicable state and federal regulations
- Implements risk management oversight and review protocols that prevent, protect and manage client liabilities
- Develops a roadmap for ongoing UM process and quality improvements rooted in evidence-based treatment guidelines that enhance care delivery, lower overall health care costs and optimize operational efficiencies
Is Your Organization Ready for HUM Accreditation?
As the leading accreditor in HUM at the state and federal level, URAC’s standards are applicable to stand-alone utilization management organizations and utilization management functions within health benefits programs. We award HUM accreditation for a full three years.
Are you ready for URAC HUM Accreditation? See the ten general requirements for accreditation and how your organization can prepare to meet each one.
What to Expect
Within six months or less, we will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement in utilization management. While our experts define the standards of excellence for HUM programming, they do not prescribe how organizations must meet those standards.
URAC’s thorough approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and educational webinars.
View our Health Utilization Management Standards-at-a-Glance for more information.