By meeting URAC’s stringent accreditation standards, suppliers receive numerous benefits, including:
- Validates best practices in patient care and safety with complex medications and nutritional products, which assures optimized access, outcomes and costs efficiencies
- Demonstrates coordinated patient care via a multidisciplinary team, with comprehensive assessments, care planning and monitoring and patient/caregiver education
- Better prepared to meet specialized reporting requirements, monitor therapy-related safety protections and other ongoing specialty considerations
PLUS FIVE more benefits:
- Elevates contracting power, credibility, and differentiation over competitors as payers and stakeholders are assured of organizational competency
- Provides a practical roadmap for ongoing improvement with operational and clinical infrastructure, processes and efficiencies
- Delivers risk management peace-of-mind with standards that prevent, protect and manage liabilities
- Inspires innovation through a non-prescriptive approach that support your specific business and clinical operations
- Validates compliance with all state and federal regulations, licensing and other regulatory requirements
Download our Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Standards-at-a-Glance.
What to Expect
Over the course of six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and web conferencing.
Who May Apply
Eligibility is open to pharmacy-based infusion therapy suppliers in good standing who are located in the United States and seek to bill Medicare for home infusion therapy services. Those who have already achieved or are seeking URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation are encouraged to apply.