Exceeding Compliance Standards
Congress and CMS have mandated and supported infusion pharmacy services in patient’s homes and infusion pharmacy organizations that can validate their commitment to industry best practices will have a competitive edge in the marketplace.
URAC’s Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Supplier (MHITS) Accreditation, allows an organization to implement a comprehensive assessment of standards and practices that meet and exceed CMS requirements.
URAC, the nation’s leading independent health care accreditor, offers two accreditations in this specialty area. The standards for these two programs are the same and many pharmacies pursue both accreditations simultaneously.
- Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Supplier Accreditation — Medicare-deemed status
- Infusion Pharmacy Accreditation — Infusion therapy standards for all payers (except Medicare) and sites of administration
- Validates best practices in patient care and safety
- Demonstrates coordinated patient care via a multidisciplinary team
- Prepareds you to meet specialized reporting requirements, monitor therapy-related safety protections and other ongoing specialty considerations
Download our Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Standards-at-a-Glance.
What to Expect
At URAC, our accreditation process is more than collecting metrics and checking boxes. URAC offers your pharmacy a collaborative, comprehensive learning experience, driven by your organization's specific needs.
Who May Apply
Eligibility is open to pharmacy-based infusion therapy suppliers in good standing who are located in the United States and seek to bill Medicare for home infusion therapy services. Those who have already achieved or are seeking URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation are encouraged to apply.