Recognizing that specialty pharmacies of all sizes can benefit from a URAC Accreditation and that purchasing this accreditation has been challenging for small pharmacies, we have established a new pricing structure for small specialty pharmacies that seek Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation. It offers greater affordability than we’ve offered in the past.
URAC evaluates the following criteria when determining if a small pharmacy is eligible for this special pricing:
- Total revenue in the most recent fiscal year
- Number of specialty pharmacy prescriptions filled in the 12-month period prior to contract date
- Closely held company status
URAC aims to reduce the financial barrier to entry so that small specialty pharmacies can earn the recognition, position themselves and demonstrate their value in delivering these specialized clinical services. Many payers and manufacturers recognize the URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation as a key differentiator and independent validation of quality – often including this accreditation as a requirement to participate in their network, and it’s important for small pharmacies to be able to access this accreditation.
An added benefit of the small specialty pharmacy pricing structure is that eligible small pharmacies may self-report measures. This means that there are additional financial savings for these pharmacies – validation requirement costs and measurement submission fees.
As a reminder, the URAC-accredited specialty pharmacy:
- Provides therapy-specific patient management services
- Promotes safety and accuracy in dispensing practices
- Qualifies all medication distribution processes for appropriate temperature ranges
- Provides 24/7 patient and prescriber support
- Complies with foundational standards on risk management, consumer empowerment, and performance management
- Reports annual performance measures to URAC