Better Prepared for a Competitive Edge
Simply put, specialty pharmacies are in the care management business. Those who demonstrate to payers and manufacturers that their processes can attract patients and deliver quality care are in great demand.
The evolving role of specialty pharmacies in serving patients with complex, chronic diseases is critical to improving patient outcomes and financial performance. If you are part of a coordinated or clinically integrated network that participates in new financial models, such as value-based contracting, your pharmacy becomes an increasingly vital member of the patient management team.
Specialty pharmacies who achieve URAC’s Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation demonstrate the highest value in delivering enhanced clinical services to the many payers, manufacturers, and providers. Our team of experts work collaboratively with yours to achieve many benefits, including:
- Provides a valued credential of quality that demonstrates your organizational high standards and exceptional capabilities
- Documents a consistent, optimized experience that guides the patient through therapy-specific management
- Enhances patient and provider satisfaction through gathering, monitoring, and improving quality measures
PLUS FIVE more benefits:
- Elevates contracting power, credibility, and differentiation over competitors as payers and stakeholders are assured of organizational competency
- Provides a practical roadmap for ongoing improvement with operational and clinical infrastructure, processes, and efficiencies
- Delivers risk management peace-of-mind with standards that prevent, protect, and manage liabilities
- Inspires innovation through a non-prescriptive approach that support your specific business and clinical practices
- Validates compliance with all state and federal regulations, licensing and other regulatory requirements
What to Expect
In six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and web conferencing.
Who May Apply