Top Validation of Excellence
As the only PBM accreditor in the country, URAC's industry experts are uniquely able to collaborate with your team to facilitate learning and create a framework for continuous improvement in areas such as:
- Customer service and communication benchmarks and safeguards
- Financial disclosures mechanisms
- Pharmacy distribution channels
- Drug use management standards
Once you being the process, your organization can be fully accredited in six months or less.
URAC’s stringent standards help accredited PBMs focus formulary decisions on two criteria: the safety, efficacy and therapeutic need for drugs and cost. The process brings numerous benefits, which include:
- Driving appropriate therapeutic outcomes and reducing adverse events
- Promoting clinically appropriate, safe and effective drug therapy
- Ensuring an up-to-date formulary, appeals process, peer review and committee standards
What to Expect
In six months or less, URAC will collaborate with your team to create a flexible framework for continuous improvement without prescribing how to meet those standards. URAC’s approach stimulates innovation across the continuum of care through email, conference calls and educational webinars.
Who May Apply
Pharmacy benefit management companies, health plans and other health care organizations are welcome to apply for this credential.