URAC is pleased to announce the revision of several of its signature programs including:
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Mail Service Pharmacy
- Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Rare Disease Center of Excellence Certification (formerly a designation)
- Independent Review Organization
- Case Management – with a new optional module for organizations doing case management for workers’ compensation
And because URAC is constantly evolving and developing new programs based on changes in the field of health care and health policy, we’ve added a new Independent Dispute Resolution Designation to address requirements in the No Surprises Law.
These new versions reflect changes in health care since URAC’s last revision of these programs. We revise our programs with input from leaders like you and in collaboration with product advisory groups, URAC’s Pharmacy Advisory Council, URAC’s Health Standards Committee and URAC’s Board of Directors. This broad input allows the programs to reflect contemporary best practice that promotes health care quality and consumer protection and empowerment.
These programs include simplified standards that address:
- URAC’s Foundational Focus Areas
- Standards aligned with current industry practice
- Best practices in health care in 2022
These new and updated programs are available as of today. Organizations that pursue these programs after today will benefit from the significant updates, as well as the introduction of streamlined standards.